Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Needles & Skin; the Tattoo Craze


Who doesn’t want to look good? Who would like to be looking dumb? People spend thousands of rupees to look stylish and get noticed differently in the group. It might be either putting make up, wearing shorts and different cloths or anything that makes them feel something different and distinct in the crowd.

So, is with the Tattoos; getting popular among the people. These days, tattoos are hitting bodies of girls and boys of every age. Tattoos are not just being knitted in hands or shoulders, but are seen in sensible parts of the body as well.

Tattoos are getting very popular as a style statement. Especially on the summer, we get to see a different type of people have their parts of body inked.

They often name it a fashion and it's getting normal these days.

Talking about the traditional practices--people believed, tattoo was the only thing they could take with themselves after the death--and it has long been a part of rituals or identity of certain community as well. Different societies have their own beliefs regarding tattoo, some believe to cure diseases while some other supposed to love and respect to their husband.
Guys’ especially young boys with tattoos were not regarded as gentleman few years back. If they had a tattoo, they were taken as drunkard or some type of addict. But, slowly and gradually the concept is changing. The crazes of carving tattoos are getting popularity among the general people and also the celebrities simultaneously. Sometime ago tattoos had hit the sensible part of Hollywood and Bollywood actresses, but now it is getting normal in Nepali film industry as well.
There was a wide media coverage regarding tattoos inked on the chest of a popular Nepali actress Karishma Manandhar. There were mixed comments regarding her step. But, it's getting normal and acceptable now.
Along with the fashion, today, it’s taken as guts. Some people try to show their love while some just for the fashion. No matter big or small most of the boys and girls have an inner desire to get inked today.

"For me, tattoo is part of my identity. I have a AUM on my back and Nepali flag on my right arm. Aum represents my cultural identity, while flag represents my priority in life- country over everything else," shared Dr. Sameer Mani Dixit, a Biotechnologist by profession, "I am very happy about the latest tattoo (flag) and plan to do more in future.”
A guy seeking anonymity burst-out his feelings 'reasons' behind knitting tattoos in his arms, “I made a tattoo in my arms with me and my girlfriend’s name. we had some misunderstanding and to put off my anger and frustration I made the tattoo to show how much I love her." He added, "It indeed gave me a lot of pain but body pain is nothing in front of broken heart. Though, it was done in anger but I don't have any regret. It was to show my love towards her."

No matter whether it works always or is the right/wrong way, but it's there, and being liked by every walks of people.

What so ever the reasons are behind but tattoos has always been a form of expression.

4 comments: